Corporations & Partnerships Lawyer
Corporations Attorney / Partnerships Attorney in Spartanburg, Greenville SC
The corporations and partnerships attorney at the McQueen Law Firm provides legal guidance to startup and existing businesses and corporations in Spartanburg, Greenville and throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. We provide a broad range of legal services to corporations and partnerships including all aspects of business startups, entity selection, formation and organization, business operating and contract agreements, corporate governance and maintenance. Our corporations and partnerships attorney provides cost-effective legal services to small businesses, family-owned companies, corporations and non-profit organizations.
Selection of Business Entity & Business Formation
If you are considering the startup and formation of a business, our corporations and partnerships attorney can assist you in the selection of the most advantageous business entity for you individual situation. We provide entrepreneurs legal counsel and advice on the different tax considerations and structural advantages as well as liability tolerance, distribution of profits, management structure, buy sell agreements, asset protection, estate planning and business succession planning when selecting a business entity type.
Our Spartanburg business lawyer can assist in all aspects of the selection and formation of a business entity as well as general corporate governance and counseling post formation for the following:
- Subchapter S corporation (S Corp)
- Subchapter C corporation (C Corp)
- Limited liability corporation (LLC)
- Professional corporation (PC)
- Non-profit corporation
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Limited partnerships (LP)
- General partnerships
- Sole proprietorship
Corporate Governance & Operating Agreements by Corporations / Partnerships Lawyer
The best time to resolve a dispute between partners or members is prior to it materializing. Our Spartanburg Corporations lawyer / Partnerships lawyer at the McQueen Law Firm will design, develop and assist you with operating agreements, partnership agreements and corporate bylaws. By clearly establishing the respective rights and responsibilities of partners and members and / or defining the structure and manner by which the corporation will be managed and operated, the potential for internal disputes and external threats are minimized.
- Corporation Bylaws essentially dictate the structure and manner by which a corporation will be managed and operated. The bylaws are essentially the corporation’s laws, and may be thought of as the corporate equivalent to Operating Agreements in LLCs, and Partnership Agreements in Partnerships. Unlike the articles of incorporation that are filed with a state agency (i.e. the South Carolina Secretary of State) upon forming a new corporation, the corporate bylaws are kept as a business record, and may be shared with potential investors or other third parties with whom the corporation does business.
Our Spartanburg business attorney / Greenville business attorney helps our clients draft, review, and revise Corporation Bylaws to assure that a proper corporate structure – one that promotes efficiency and consistency in the management and operation of the corporation – is established.
- Operating Agreements are generally entered into by Members of a limited liability company (LLC), to formalize the Members’ respective financial and managerial rights and duties, and to govern the limited liability company’s operations. The Operating Agreement typically outlines each member’s role, if any, in the management of the LLC, and each member’s respective share in the profits/losses of the LLC. An effective Operating Agreement eliminates confusion between the limited liability company’s members with respect to each member’s role, and accordingly reduces the likelihood of litigation over potential disputes between the members of the LLC.
Our Spartanburg business attorney / Greenville business attorney helps our clients draft, review, and revise Operating Agreements to assure that our clients’ best-interests are promoted and protected in the course of the business operations, and with the intention to limit the possibility of litigation as a result of potential members’ disputes with each other.
- Partnerships are typically governed by a Partnership Agreement, which outlines the partners’ general understandings with respect to all aspects of the business operations, including without limitation the sharing profits and losses; respective managerial roles, if any; and, additional obligations of the partners to one another. An effective Partnership Agreement eliminates confusion between the partners with respect to each partner’s role, and accordingly reduces the likelihood of litigation over potential disputes between the partners.
Our Spartanburg business attorney / Greenville business attorney helps our clients draft, review, and revise Partnership Agreements to assure that our clients’ best-interests are promoted and protected in the course of the business operations, and with the intention to limit the possibility of litigation as a result of potential member or partners’ disputes with each other.
In addition to operating agreements and corporate bylaws, our corporations lawyer / partnerships lawyer at the McQueen law Firm provides assistance and support on a multitude of various business and operational agreements including:
- Shareholder Agreements
- Board Resolutions
- Non-disclosure agreement
- Confidentiality agreement
- Purchase agreements
- Purchase and sales agreements for businesses and real property
- Stock options and executive compensation
- Lease agreements
South Carolina Business Entity Lawyer / Spartanburg Corporations Attorney – Greenville SC
Whether you are in the process of establishing a business or currently have an existing business, the corporations’ lawyer / partnerships lawyer at the McQueen Law Firm can assist you with business entity selection, formation, operating agreements and all aspects of business and partnership law. We encourage you to contact an experienced business lawyer at the McQueen Law Firm to discuss your corporate or partnership requirements today at 864.585.5021 or online to schedule an appointment.
McQueen Law Firm | “A Trusted Partner” | Serving the State of South Carolina Since 1985 | Spartanburg County | Greenville County | Anderson County | Cherokee County | Union County